Flint & Pitch thoroughly welcomes pitches from spoken word poets, literary poets, theatre-makers and songwriters/ bands, particularly from acts who would relish being part of a multi-artform event. Please only pitch if you are comfortable with live reading/ performance. We are also keen to hear from any touring spoken word theatre shows, particularly those made in Scotland, for a planned series of Presents shows in 2018 – 19. There is no guarantee of booking, but be assured that all pitches are read, considered and kept on file for potential future gigs.
Preferred formats for pitches below:
SPOKEN WORD POETS
– Audio or visual recording of a live performance is preferred, though YouTube and film-poetry are also very welcome.
– Where applicable, forthcoming performances and appearances.
– A short biog and performance CV, including any reviews.
PUBLISHED/ LITERARY POETS OR AUTHORS
– Flint & Pitch run bespoke book launches in collaboration with publishers. If you’d like to consider us running your book launch in a memorable way do ask your publishers to get in touch! Where yer publisher is lacking in the marketing department, get in touch to discuss possible ways we can collaborate.
We are firmly committed to ensuring you are properly recompensed for your artistic labour in terms of live readings and performances and have thus designed a model for book launches that ensures this, as well as maximising audiences for your work in a live setting.
For general pitches outwith book launches:
– General themes in your work
– Live reading experience
– Forthcoming publications or events
BANDS/ MUSICIANS/ SONGWRITERS
– For all: a short biog and links to your work
– For bands: number of band members and tech spec.
– For soloists: tech spec
TOURING SPOKEN WORD SHOWS
– For funded/ established works: a tour pack with all promotional, tech, biog, review and agent contact details.
– For new/ unfunded spoken word theatre shows: a 100 word show description, an outline of the themes and narrative of the show, a performance CV.
NB: Please do not send pitches via social media to Flint & Pitch or any member of the core team directly.